Sunday, April 24, 2011

40 Day Challenge - Reflection

I just finished my first 40 day challenge.  I didn't even get close to getting all of my goals, but that is okay. I feel pretty much the same as when I started.  The days zoomed by.  Life went fast and was stressful.  We traveled and made huge life decision.  Such is life.  It cannot be an excuse. I learned a lot. I learned about choosing goals that are easy to monitor.  I learned to make sure the small goals bring me to my long term goals; they are stepping stones. 

I will do better next time.  I'm excited.  My next challenge for myself will be a 38 day challenge - because I want it to end on the last day of May.  This is exciting.  Who will I be in 38 days?  I WILL be different.  Change starts will little dicisions.  It starts with decisions that ignore the small little voice in the back of you mind that say, "Just this once..." or "It will be okay, this time because..." or  "I'll start tomorrow"  or the one that makes me second guess my goals and try to re-set them.  I will make my goals and I will stick with them.  In 38 days, I can second guess them.

No comments:

Post a Comment