Sunday, April 24, 2011

38 Day Challenge - Day 1

If you do something every day for 40 days, then it not only becomes a habit, but it also becomes part of you.  That is why I'm doing a goal setting session for this long of a period.  It is a long enough time to see some results, but it is still short term goals that help us get to our long term goals.

Go to an indoor water park with family
See the sights in downtown Toronto (CN Tower, ROM Mueseum, Trains)
Go to a National Park in the Northern Country
Eat 5 times/day which is 190x (This means sit down with food on a plate before eating.)
Sugar on Sundays and Memorial Day/Victoria Day 7x
No seconds 190x
Exercise (carido) 17x
Morning Yoga 27x
Evening Yoga 38x
Attend the Toronto Temple
Eat at a local mom & pop Italian Bakery
Buy new clothes and exercise clothes
Buy new make-up
Try the sauna at my gym
Sign-up for a gym membership
148 ponds (10 pounds = 2lb a week)
Be hungry and still not eat as many times I as I need to get my goals
Do a fun activity every Saturday




This is Porter and Chelsea.  Chelsea is Porter's first pet.  She has been around since he was 3 years old and he is a sorce of comfort for him.  When he is feeling down, he finds her and holds her close.  When he is lonely, he holds her close.  When he is having a hard time sleeping, he goes straight to Chelsea.  She is always there for him.  She doesn't complain and will mold into his arms.  She'll purr and stay put.  She seems to know she is needed.  This little cat that we got for free has traveled across the country with us and into another country.  As I watch these two share times together, I'm reminded about how important a good friend is.  Friends make life more fun.  Friends make hard times less hard.  Friends are a comfort and a blessing.  It is hard to find good friends.  They are rare treasures, but worth the time and effort to keep them strong.  I'm thankful for friends.  There have been times when I have longed for a friend to be close by.  I have seen my children long for friends when we have moved.  I'm also thankful for family, because in my family relationships I have found some of my best friends and as I watch my four boys together, my heart is warmed as I see their friendship grow as they work out differences and learn to communicate and get along.  So, if you have one of those special friends, keep them close.  Let them know how you feel about them.  Take the effort to nurture the relationship.  If you don't have one, then go out and do the things that you love.  Exude the characteristics that you want to find in a friend;  then you will find that friend.  Have faith, keep trying and it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment